“A Christmas Carol” Beer Garden + Marketplace Vendor Application
Consider yourself invited!
In combination with the Heisler Theater’s annual production of a “A Christmas Carol”, SoCal Beer and Wears The Mountain invite you to participate in a 5-day long Holiday Market and Beer Garden December 20th through December 24th from 3pm-7pm at the Twin Peaks Community Center.
In addition to the Christmas Carol performance, SoCal Beer will be serving beer and wine throughout the evening. The market will be open to both play attendees, as well as the public. An optional all-you-can-drink happy hour will be available daily from 4p-7pm. More information about the evening and production is available at https://www.heislertheater.com/ .
To keep our vendors and guests comfortable and warm, the market and beer garden will be enclosed within a large tent, complete with heaters, string-lighting and beer/wine garden throughout the space (map provided below). Vendors will not need to provide their own pop-up tents for this event.
Here’s what you have to look forward to:
- Exclusive marketplace of 6-8 vendors at the hieght of the Holiday buying season
- Enclosed beer garden and market area with heating & lighting
- Free parking for vendors + patrons
- Upwards of 100 guests are expected to attend the Christmas Carol production each evening
- Beer and Wine Available for purchase (must be 21+)
- Optional All-you-can-drink Happy Hour hosted by SoCal Beer from 4-7pm
- Cross-Promotional Marketing and Advertising with the Heisler Theater, SoCal Beer, and Wears The Mountain
- Proceeds from the evening will be donated to benefit The Rim Veterans Association & Elder Warrior Project
- This is an exclusive vendor event to accompany the Heisler Theater’s annual production of A CHRISTMAS CAROL. With limited vendor space available, we kindly ask that you do not extend invites to any other vendors.
- To reserve your booth space, please complete the following application and provide a deposit of $25 per evening -OR- $100 for all 5-days. Your deposit is refundable up and until December 10th. Following December 10th, no refunds will be made.
- At the end of each evening, we ask that vendors make a donation totalling 10% of all sales which will directly benefit the Rim Veterans Association & Elder Warrior Project. Sara or Ken will assist with colleting the donations each evening.
- Any vendor that commits to all 5 days and submits their $100 deposit no later than December 3rd will be listed as a Premier Sponsor for the event. As a Premier Sponsor, your logo will appear on all marketing collatoral.
- To assist with marketing for the event, Vendors will be provided marketing collatoral and we ask that you make a minimum of 2 social media posts leading up to the event.
- Each Vendor booth in attendance will be provided one (1) FREE food + drink voucher per evening
Heisler Theater at the Twin Peaks Community Center, 675 Grandview Rd, Twin Peaks, CA 92391
Primary: Sara Green, firstname.lastname@example.org, (909) 285-2327 (text or call)
Backup: Ken Williams, email@example.com, (818) 568-5341 (text or call)
The Christmas Carol market and beer garden will be held in parking lot of the Twin Peaks Community Center, the home of the Heisler Theater. In the center of the market will be a 20×30 ft tent with cocktail tables and heaters. Surrounding this center area will be individual 10×10 tents for vendor stalls. The entirety of the market and beer garden will be enclosed with tent walls to create a comfortable and festive environment for vendors and guests. There will be a limit of 7, 10×10 artisan vendor spaces per evening.
Vendors will not need to provide their own pop-up tents for this event.
Event Rules and Regulations
- Vendor agrees that they are the direct producer of at least 75% of all items he/she sells at each market.
- Vendor may not sell food items without a health department permit filed and approved at the vendors own expense.
- Vendor may only sell new products in original packaging. Collectors items, toys and games that have been previously opened must be vintage items produced prior to 1990.
Compliance with Laws and Permitting Requirements:
The Vendor is required to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws and/or permitting requirements at all times. Vendor will be prohibited from selling at the Market until compliance with all laws and/or permitting requirements has been achieved and the Market has proof of compliance. In order to sell at the Market, Vendors must, at a minimum, hold a resell certificate to sell their goods.
Market Hours of Operation:
- The Market will be open on December 20th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd & 24th 2022 from 3PM until 7 PM
- Set-up will begin at 1PM daily. Vendors are required to arrive at least 1 hour ahead of the opening time to set up their stall
- Tear down will begin at 7PM. Vendors are welcome to continue selling at the close of the market, but we ask that you be prepared to leave no later than 8:30PM
- Stalls will be assigned at the descretion of the market managers
Market Safety and Sanitation:
Vendors must maintain a clean and sanitary stall. Vendors are responsible for cleaning up their own stalls at
the close of the Market. Vendor must take home all of their equipment and must pick up any trash that
accumulated at or around their stall throughout the day—including perishable items.
- Vendors are required to bring their own equipment to the Market. No additional equipment will be provided by the Market. Vendors are solely responsible for any injury to persons or property caused by Vendor’s equipment.
- All Vendors must dress appropriately. Consider wearing layers given the temporary structure and temperatures each evening.
- Smoking is not permitted by Vendors in or near the Market area.
- Vendors who provide food samples to Market customers are responsible for setting up their own temporary hand washing station and obtaining heath permits.
- Vendors must supervise their children at all times, and may not allow any children under 16 years old to wander the Market area without a parent or guardian
- No vehicles are permitted to power coolers or other equipment at the Market.
Vendor Signs: Vendors are required to post signs at their stalls detailing the name of the business, the location of the business, the product for sale, its price. The sign(s) must be visible, legible, and clear.
Vendor is required to maintain an insurance policy covering both general liability and product liability with a minimum of $1,000,000 in coverage. The insurance policy must name the Market as an additional insured. The Vendor must show proof of such insurance certificate upon request. The Market does not provide any insurance coverage for Vendors.
Indemnification Clause: Hold Harmless and Defend
Vendor shall indemnify, hold harmless and defend the Market, its officers, agents and employees from and against any and all demands, claims, suits, damages, losses, liabilities, costs and expenses, including, but not limited to, court costs and attorneys’ fees, of any nature whatsoever (including, but not limited to, property damage and loss, bodily injuries, sickness, disease or death), directly or indirectly arising out of or in connection with Vendor’s participation in the Market. This provision shall survive the termination of this Agreement.
Breach of Contract and Termination:
If Vendor violates any of the provisions of this Agreement, he or she will be considered to be in breach. The Market Manager shall have the authority to immediately suspend a Vendor’s right to sell at the market if a breach of this Agreement presents a health or safety risk or is, in the opinion of the Market Manager, a serious breach of this agreement. For all other types of violations, the Market Manager shall notify the Vendor of a breach in writing and shall provide a reasonable time cure. If a breach is not cured or not cured to the Market Manger’s satisfaction, this Agreement may be terminated, without waiving any other rights or remedies of this Agreement and all Vendor fees shall be retained by the Market. If the Market, by and through its staff, agents, etc., violates any of the provisions of this Agreement, it will be considered to be in breach. Vendor shall notify the Market Manager of a breach in writing and shall provide a reasonable time for the market to cure. If said breach is not cured or not cured to the Vendor’s satisfaction, this Agreement may be terminated. Failure of either party to insist on strict compliance with any of the terms of this Agreement shall not be deemed a waiver of such terms. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of California, without reference to any conflicts of law provisions. Any dispute arising out of this Agreement shall be heard by a California Court.
This agreement sets forth and constitutes the entire agreement and understanding of the parties with respect to the subject matter described above. I certify that I have read and understand the above terms and conditions and that I meet the Vendor criteria stated therein. I further agree to abide by all Market requirements as outlined above, as well as all federal, State and local laws, codes and regulations, to cooperate with the Market, and to pay all required Vendor fees.